I’ve been trying to find a good Marxist instance, but Lemmygrad and Hexbear are widely hated. Why is that? Are there any good leftist instances?

• CanadaPlus@futurology.today
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Cool story. You’re right, it’s not an exact science, so why are you so sure about your perspective on it either? I think the answer is “identity”.

As for my reading list, I’ve probably gotten further into Das Capital than you have, and it belongs on the side of electrification that it was written on.

• JucheBot1988@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I’ve probably gotten further into Das Capital than you have

Apparently not far enough to be able to spell the German title correctly.

• CanadaPlus@futurology.today
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Oh yeah, K. It has been a few years.

I swear, I did read a good chunk of the thing. Maybe a third or so. And yes, it did make my eyes bleed.

• Hodja_Nasreddin@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

The answer is dialectical materialism. It’s not “my perspective.” These are objective laws of social development that were discovered by Marx, Engels, Lenin, and Italian bourgeois economists who discovered the existence of social classes with their own interests. Again, this is the development of materialist social thought, which has been going on for centuries. You with your meager knowledge cannot understand not only Capital, but even political economy for pre-schoolers. That makes your attempts to appear smarter than you are look pathetic.

• CriticalResist8@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Capital is a thesis on economy, why would it help you on politics?

Surely you’d know what it’s about if you’ve read it.