Did you ever wanna have a username but it was taken? Us early adopters to the fediverse can now freely choose nice, untaken usernames!

Let that sink in. We have the luxury and freedom to nearly choose any username we want. without having to add unnecessary underscores or numbers.

Thats nice.

• uprise42@karab.in
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thanks,

I can definitely be patient and I understand how complicated this can be to set up. Just being new, I’m not sure what is broke from the surge in user base or what I just am not picking up on. But I’m looking forward to seeing it improve.

• uprise42@karab.in
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

This was very helpful. I think my big issue is not having a working search feature which I just have to wait for. A lot of my favored subs from Reddit have moved to Lemmy but those servers seem tough to join with waitlists and such so I was recommended kbin instead. I am fairly confident I will be able to add them once the federated search is working again and be all set.

• operator@kbin.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

you don’t need to sign up to an instance in order to subscribe to communities. in the “magazines” search type @lemmy.ml for example and it’ll show you communities from over there. And you can use your kbin.social account to interact with post from other instances through this sitel.

Edit: Except for private communities of course

• Nepenthe@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Really glad to see he’s got it working again. I happened across two lemmy communities last night that were both fairly active, but nothing was coming up for either one no matter how I typed it.

Now my only problem is waiting for new posts :)