• Asafum@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

I’m just starting to learn HTML and oh my fucking god do I LOVE chatGPT… Holy hell… I can’t even begin to express just how amazing it is to be able to ask basic questions and not only get a reply, but provide example code, and it will elaborate or be as concise as you like… I LOVE IT! I’m especially happy to see they don’t ask for your phone number and other absurdly intrusive unnecessary information anymore. That’s what kept me away at first.

I do know it’s not infallible and I probably won’t use it as much as I move on to more complex programming.

• frokie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I do fairly complex programming and still use chat gpt. It will contribute to be helpful to say “write me a function that does this” rather than “how do I code this”

• fluckx@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

Yeah it is kind of like the “trust, but verify” paradigm. It will likely generate useful code or a very good starting point, but you should always check if it actually does what you expect it to.

You can’t trust them blindly. But They’re very helpful in your day to day tasks.