Got the idea of posting this when I watched this YouTube video that talks about reasons men love playing as girls.

Why do you do it?
Are there more than one reason?
What do you enjoy about it the most?

• Kid_Thunder@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Anyone else always annoyed at “girl armor” in games? Always looking like a two piece bathing suit and always either the stomach showing or an open V on the bust? Maybe you get some stupid armored skirt and bare legs too.

It isn’t that I don’t like playing heroines/villainess because I think they can definitely be bad ass and look cool as shit kicking ass but it is terribly done in the vast majority of games, in my opinion.

I don’t judge anyone for their own thing but I think it sucks personally.

• Maestro@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I am, but I’m a medieval reenactor. On Reddit there used to be this cool sub called armoredwomen. Any equivalent in the threadiverse?

• Neato@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Bayonetta is my only exception for this. Because she’s got guns in them heels. Also because her character clearly wants them.

• lorty@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I hate when equipment looks different depending on the gender using it. Why did those pants becone a skirt? Why did this armor suddenly lose 90% of its plating? Where did the heels come from?

At least the girl armor thing has receded considerably in recent times, so that’s nice.