Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I’m new to this whole fediverse thing and I don’t know if it works like it seems to.

So I have this kbin account, and I also have a Mastodon account. This one is the one I want to use, and theoretically I should be able to use it to communicate with the whole(ish) fediverse, right? But that doesn’t seem to be working.

Both my accounts follow one another. But when I post something on either account it doesn’t show up in the other account’s feed. Is it not working, or am I just misunderstanding something? Kbin definitely seems almost ideal for what I’m hoping to get out of this system (at least when there’s a better mobile experience) but if it doesn’t work like this than maybe not haha.

(And if a better mobile experience isn’t on the table anytime soon, what alternatives would y’all recommend? Subscribing to the magazines on something like Mastodon doesn’t work as well because the “account” you follow retweets every single post and comment.)

• olorin99@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I saw that the dev for kbin had to enable DDoS protection (presumably because there is so much new traffic) which is most likely the reason for being unable to see new posts from other instances. This should all be fixed but it may take some time to scale properly.