• BmeBenji@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

Literally just yesterday I posted about it in my family’s political group chat and my older sister said, and I quote:

“even though I lean left, I’m actually glad that conservatives have a playbook! Why? because Trump’s first term presidential transition (2017) was totally bungled… he needs a list of people that he can appoint from, so that these agencies don’t just fall apart… Don’t kid yourself, Biden’s team and Obama’s team and the democrats overall definitely have their own playbook and their list of potential appointees. They just don’t have to crowdsource theirs!”

cue insane Charlie Kelly screams

• BmeBenji@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 days ago

One member got upset that we were discussing politics in the family group chat so much in 2020 (read: we were bashing Donald Trump and his fucking idiocy too much) and insisted we move the conversation elsewhere

• jdeath@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

would it be better to have two trump terms, back to back, or to make a biden sandwich and have a break between the terms?

i worry that if trump comes back from the dead he might do crazier shit than if he was just re-elected and kept eating mcdonalds at the white house.

no way to know for sure, unless whoever built the universe made two copies just to test this out

• BmeBenji@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 days ago

I’m feeling confident that the 4 year break gave him and the actually smart people funding him and giving him ideas more time to come up with efficient plans