link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

No, you don’t get it. Or you would stop raping, enslaving, torturing and murdering animals.

The animals we create are morally equivalent to our own children and are owed the exact same unconditional love and protection.

• Hammocks4All@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

???

Getting roaches, which invade your space, don’t contribute positively to it and, in fact, can cause disease is quite different from voluntarily raising chickens for slaughter.

• Machinist@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I can confidently say that I have never raped an animal.

My housecat engages in a lot of torture, but she’s a damned good mouser. I put a stop to the torture when I catch it. I don’t allow my cats outside because they’re so bad on native wildlife, especially ground nesting birds. Cats are obligate predators. I kill cats if I find them in the woods as they are now varmints.

I’m an omnivore, and am at peace with that. I strive to kill in a manner that I find ethical. I kill critters to eat them, varmints to restore balance. I’ll eat the varmints if I can.

I live in the real world.

• gwilikers@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

The entire dairy and meat industry is based on the rape and slaughter of animals. Mistreament of animals within the industry is arguably tantamount to torture and would be considered as such where it applied to humans.

• KⒶMⒶLⒶ@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

The entire dairy and meat industry is based on the rape and slaughter of animals.

no one is raping animals and slaughter isn’t enslavement nor is it torture

• wakumul@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

artificial insemination is a veterinary procedure. it’s not rape

• triplenadir@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                2 months ago

and getting a giant steel horn implanted in your forehead would be a cosmetic procedure, but i guess you’d be pretty upset if someone did it to you without asking?

artificial insemination would fit the legal definition of rape in several jurisdictions in the world if you did it to a human.

• triplenadir@lemmygrad.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    2 months ago

so you think all humans have rights to do any kinds of violent, invasive acts to any animal, as long as they call it a “veterinary procedure”? is there anything a human could do to an animal which you would classify as “rape”?