• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyzOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

Do you know about quick switching?

Tapping “E” will toggle between all the types of a constructable. On belts, for example, you toggle through the tiers.

So you can have just tier one belts on the hotbar, and to select tier two, three, etc. you’d just tap E the corresponding number of times after selecting “belt”. You can to get to a shitload of constructables really fast with just one hotbar.

• Hawke@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

I’m a little disappointed in quick switching for certain objects though, particularly the wall-mount power nodes.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

Yeah, those would makes sense being together with power-poles, but they aren’t.

I tend to stick to just keep cables on the hotbar, pointing at walls, ceilings, or floors, will build a wall connector or pole, respectively.

Do wish there was a key to make it build a double wall connector.

• Hawke@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 days ago

I’m more bothered that they switch between node tiers instead of double wall vs single wall. Or the other way around. Whichever it is, it bothers me and I want the opposite of what it does.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 days ago

Doesn’t it do both? Quick switch toggles through all the items in a category, so it should go tier one single wall, tier one double wall, then tier two single wall, and tier two double wall.

You can also hold E to get a selection wheel with all options.