!piracy@lemmy.ml has also been blocked from lemmy.world.

edit:

Lemmy.world has released an official response.

• Draconic NEO@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I think they blocked that one too unfortunately. I subscribed to it from here though. I guess multiple accounts is just going to become a necessary part of being in the Fediverse, even if lemmy devs add account Migration to the software.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I still think that account migration would be very important in that circumstance because unless you ran your own server from the start you would still need to migrate the account and control of its content over to the account on your server.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Also to retain control of your posts and comments and not lose your history. Which is important since if they’re on the old account the old server can control and make edits to them, but with ownership transfer now they just have a copy of it and it’s harder for them to misuse it (the original has its edits federated, a copy doesn’t).

• anarchrist@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I did it on mastodon and the experience was pretty bad, like you had to manually follow each individual person. Is it any better on lemmy? Could i just add this whole instance via federation to my personal instance?

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Currently on Lemmy there is no account migration feature currently you need to make a new account and subscribe to the communities again (though there are tools that allow you to automatically transfer the subscriptions). The content on your old account is still controled by the old account, no way to transfer ownership of it yet.