• TheAnonymouseJoker@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I am pissed over how the reverse would be claimed by femcels and feminists as sexual harassment. There would be hundreds of them flocking to this post like flies over a turd, but now just silence and internet votes however they want.

Framing me in a manipulative way does not make what I said untrue, or allow it to be downplayed.

• I don’t think it’s manipulative to suggest that you should wait for that actual comic to exist, and then argue with the people reacting that way, instead of manufacturing an assumption that no consent exists here, and then being upset that everyone else doesn’t also pretend that’s a factual representation of the comic.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

It so happens conveniently that the reverse jokes are framed as misogynistic and incel content and will always by default be assumed to have no consent unless explicitly stated as a bold heading, because women are supposed to be vulnerable according to patriarchy, yet strong according to feminism. You know what political tactic makes an entity strong and weak at the same time? Fascism.

However, here, men are supposed to let it slide, treat it as if consent exists by default, and everything is supposed to favour women. I am definitely seeing the same kind of flaws in leftist social movement that exist in redpill movements, that are forcing me to distance myself from the former, even as I despise the latter. If certain leftists think reverse discrimination is a good way to piss off men and think it will invent sympathy within men, and unite men and women, they are the biggest idiots on this planet.

Edit: papertowels tried to critique me, deleted comment, due to which my one comment response is not showing up in thread. Might be worth a read. https://lemmy.ml/comment/3566525

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              1 year ago

So you are implying all men support the oppression of women, and feminism is this absolutely pristine, perfect, flawless movement where any woman or feminist cannot do no wrong against man? Do you know how many women have went against the general narrative and stopped being feminists in the past few years, due to seeing the bigotry issues against men and their rights?

My comparison of today’s feminism to fascist tactics is not weak. Western feminism has transformed from a movement advocating equity for women, into a female gender superiority movement, completely uttering nonsense like “we need no men”, “all men bad”, “men’s rights are incel shit” and what not. The movement has completely gone berserk and astray, and a discussion about this is not just fully warranted, but actions needed to correct the movement that was once aimed at restoring a balance for both women and men in society.

Slavery, unlike the issue of woman empowerment and men’s rights, has zero ambiguity. The slaves are oppressed, and the ones enslaving them exploit and benefit from slavery. Feminism is not anti-slavery, contrary to your false equivalence. Men’s rights are just as important as woman empowerment, and feminism today is onto entirely something else, using right wing tactics to portray men’s rights activists as a patriarchal tribal monkey group, that is supposed to be one with the redpillers, incels and Tateists. It is NOT.

• My only complaint is that you seem adamant that only you have the correct interpretation of this simple comic. If you said “wow that comic seems like this” to me, without taking it to the level of “and every single other person needs to interpret it the same way” we’d be having no discussion.

We’re about 30 secs from having no discussion anyway.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

If certain leftists think reverse discrimination is a good way to piss off men and think it will invent sympathy within men, and unite men and women, they are the biggest idiots on this planet.

Feminism is discriminatory against men, and Lemmy has a leftist crowd, which is why we have the upvotes and comments favouring male sexual abuse as long as it empowers the woman’s cunnilingus pleasure. Acting like “oh the internet comments is natural phenomenon” makes you look like a person with either zero understanding of how culture works, or someone dissuading me from the obvious for affirming to a certain agenda.