I am so so divided on if I should vote for biden or not. I wanna vote third party to at least do something or should I just stay home and protest and advocate where I can? Thoughts?

• DAMunzy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Hey, I get that but it’s still an opinion. Someone else might believe differently. The might believe that it’s time to move to a third party and that’s ok. Others believe that electoral politics does nothing and that working outside elections is the only thing that works. That’s ok too.

No one should feel that they have to vote Democrat especially since they still do things that are unconscionable: vote to support a bloated military budget and no towards universal healthcare, support genocide in Gaza, Flint, Michigan (no criminal liability and it took 9 years to get the lead to acceptable levels), and many more examples.

• logicbomb@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

We have the voting system that we have today, so yes, with things as they are, people do have to vote Democrat. I am not a Democrat. I’m an independent. If we had RCV or any reasonably modern system of voting in America, I’d agree with you. But we don’t have that. We live in the real world, and the real world consequences of not voting Democrat are possibly the end of our democracy.

If you listened to the recently leaked Jenna Ellis video, you’d know for certain that this was Trump’s intent in 2020, to stay in power regardless of what the people voted for. Things are dire right here, right now. If we don’t take care of business at home, everything else falls.