• 0 Posts
  • 4 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 13th, 2023

help-circle
  • I love star trek, so I love that instance, but Lemmy.world feels like its replicating the toxic discussion style from reddit. I’m not here because I loved reddit but hate what they did to it. I have hated reddit for years, I am here for a completely different thing from reddit. The slrpnk instance and the Lemmy.ml are the main instances I want to interact with. If there are other anarchist instances in the future, I’d like to interact with those, but ideally keep the toxic bullshit to a minimum.

• I guess I don’t understand what you mean by reach. They can and still inject ads into the timeline. You have to at least cultivate a healthy level of skepticism towards their motives for being on the fediverse. There is a reason. Most of us came here to get away from those reasons, if those reasons don’t matter to you, then there are a lot of corporate social media platforms that currently exist you can go and be part of, but this one was made in opposition to those others. I won’t personally be on any platform that federates with any meta project of any kind. I don’t know their motives with any certainty, but I don’t trust them and I can guess at a number of possible motives. I know whatever they are doing here relates to data and ads and making money off our work so their investors don’t jump ship. There is no way to build an ethical platform on that foundation. I’ll jump ship on any platform that thinks the wait and see approach will work. That’s what liberals said about Donald Trump and look at how that has been going.