help-circle
  • carl_marks[use name]@lemmy.mltoMemes@lemmy.mlMaking History
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 days ago

Are you just looking for something to get angry at or did you momentarily turn your brain off? Ssm’s comment clearly can be read sarcastic seeing the votes, which changes it’s meaning quite a bit. Dessalines is right to for ask for clarification before swinging the hammer.

• why would be a fascist propaganda if they were the ones making agreements with the fascists?

Because fascists like yourself like to share this without the proper context to paint the Soviets in a bad light, when in fact it was them almost alone stoping the Holocaust.

maybe yes, maybe not, the love for genocide was mutual tho

I like how the article you shared says

Scholars continue to debate whether the human-made Soviet famine was a central act in a campaign of genocide,[159] or a tragic byproduct of rapid Soviet industrialization and the collectivization of agriculture.[76][51][17][52] Whether the Holodomor is a genocide is a significant and contentious issue in modern politics.

• If a military defeat is necessary to create revolutionary conditions, is it not then in the best interest of the working class in each imperialist power for the other to win,

Yes?

and does that not then put the working class in each imperialist power at odds with one another?

Yes I would like the war to end asap and not to see Ukraines working class be forced into the meat grider to fight the imperialists fight…

Don’t you believe in internationalism? Solidarity?

Yes?

How many hundreds of thousands of lives does it cost to create revolutionary conditions, and how can you be so arrogant as to cheer while they’re fed into the meatgrinder, believing with such certainty that it means you’ll get your chance at revolution?

That’s such a perverted misrepresentation of material reality I’m not even sure where to begin. 1) Analysis does not mean justification. That’s your interpretation of it. 2) where am I cheering it on? You make it sound like I endorse it when in fact it’s NATO and it’s proponents 3) heightend contradictions improve condition for revolution is a basic historical fact…

• Sorry, I was under the impression you were speaking in favor of NATO expansion and think that while the US is bad, it’s emdevours in Ukraine are just (this time).

Also “critical support” for what, Russian imperialism? Why does Russian imperialism deserve “critical support” while western imperialism deserves direct opposition?

Revolutionary defeatism

Recognizing that yes, Putin’s Russia is a bourgeois state with highly questionable rights for sexual minorities and a husk of its former Soviet glory, its re-nationalized industries are a target for the US imperialist emdevours ripe to be privatized again. (You can see how the NATO supports racist nawalny,.but not the largest opposition force in Russia instead, etc.)

To understand the geopolitical context of the NATO proxy war in Ukraine against Russia it helps to watch the Mearsheimer lecture on it (hardly Russian propaganda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4

Also Ben Norton gives a solid breakdown here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhajzlhcgSk

• thought it would be obvious I was mocking you by repeating the viewpoint you expressed without the air of pretentiousness that you surround it with, but I guess I was the stupid one for thinking you were capable of recognizing sarcasm.

I see you’re like arguing with strawmen in your head

Also “critical support” for what, Russian imperialism? Why does Russian imperialism deserve “critical support” while western imperialism deserves direct opposition?

That’s what I’m asking you dumbass lol why can you lend western imperialism critical support and not to Russia? Maybe figure out the term and how it’s defined before speaking on it?

• Can you kindly contextualize the MIC and it’s interest in NATO, Mearsheimer (a foreign policy hawk that loves war) saying its NATO agression, Biden joking in the 90s and knowing full well what NATO east expansion would mean, Putin going from friend to foe, Russia’s economy after the fall of the SU until now?

outright military invasion, is somehow not imperialist

Imperialism is when military intervention. The more militarier the intervention the imperialister it is

• You’re right we should be running dogs for western imperialism instead.

And yes it will improve revolutionary conditions as the contradictions become more aparent (money for weapons and genocide is seemingly endlessly available, but not when it’s about housing, environment, healthcare, etc.). The only reason you see it as moronic and dangerous, is because you seem to live in a country that reaps the benefits of imperialism that grant you stability in life