Tell your kids tell your wife cause we emailing everybody out here tonight. You can recover your forgotten passwords now! 🥳 Before this if you forgot your password after signing up you were totally toast 🍞💀😹 Worry no more!

They’ll be from lemmy@eattherich.club while research and development slowly continues around mail.minimally.online 😶‍🌫️

• swagg boiA
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I started learning server administration as a hobby back when I lived in NYC. I picked up Ex 'Em along the way because it just looked cool.

It’s funny how those skills have become one of the most critical things l’ve learned, as I don’t rely on any external service for my daily needs. i.e., email, calendaring, code repository, cloud storage, etc. I do it all in-house.

And as c*rporate tech houses set their services on fire to grab more money, it’s a great feeling not to be affected by any of it because I transitioned away from it long ago.

I didn’t realize at the time how I was setting myself up for the future by spending late nights learning shit I didn’t want to.

Because the future of the email is all about people taking back their space. With force.