• Lumun@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Pretty exciting addition for Victoria 3. The game still has some problems (warfare) but I think it’s got a good economic base loop and will keep getting better. I certainly find it fun even if warfare kinda sucks

• Mysteriarch ☀️@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m very happy with the game at its base, especially the economic simulation. Excellent starting point for stuff like this!

I’m also not that put off by the warfare system. It was never the main focus of the series and I’m happy they’re at least testing out new formats. It’s also the best one to try them out I think. I expect great improvements in the next few years of updates.

• Helldiver_M@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It looks like the previous dev diary is tackling some of the worst aspects of the warfare system. Patch 1.4 is going to address convoy raiding, and patch 1.5’s open beta (which releases at the same time as 1.4) is going to look into merging frontlines. Plus the addition of new diplomatic sways, reverse-sways, and some changed behavior regarding imperialistic AI, it’s all looking like some excellent changes are coming down the pipeline.

These changes are really needed too. I want to love Victoria 3, but imho it just feels like it came out a full year too early. Too many things getting in the way of the satisfying economic sim they managed to build. Hopefully 1.4 and 1.5 aren’t too far away, and they’re successful.